Disk Space issues are the most common Vcenter Server Outages encountered by Vmware Support.
/storage/log directory is full in vCenter Server Appliance 6.X
You see that the /storage/log directory is highly utilized in an Embedded vCenter Server Appliance or Platform Controller Server Appliance 6.0.
This issue occurs due to an increase in the SSO log files in the /storage/log directory. During the log rotation, the old log file is not compressed resulting in multiple large files in the /storage/log directory.
During the log rotation, the old log file is not compressed resulting in multiple large files in the /storage/log directory.
Base on : https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2143565
vCenter Appliance root Partition 100% full due to Audit.log files not being rotated
- 100% capacity used for /dev/sda3.
- Size of audit.log file is very large and /var/log/audit folder consumes majority of the space.
- Saved logs from log rotate policy reference a date that is not in line with the policy.
- Unable to connect to the vCenter Server as services are not started.
- Running /etc/cron.daily/logrotate manually rotates logs as expected.
- Accessing vSphere Web Client might fail with error: 503 service unavailable
Base on : https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2149278